Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June 17, 2009, The Big Day, Post 6

8:40 PM
We were told that at 6:45 Josh went from the OR to the recovery room. We were just allowed to see him, and he looks JUST FINE. Color good, etc. We tried not to bother him but he woke up anyway and wanted to pull the breathing tube out, of course. His hands and feet were cold so we got the nurse to get him warmed blankets. And, In Celebration, we quietly let him know that the doctors GOT EVERYTHING OUT and that he is going to be just fine. He gave me the triple THUMBS UP, and Then he started to make hand signals, like "call me" or "you call me" or "I'll call you" or "me call me" or "when will you call me" or "will you call the nurse?" or "just call, you idiot." Finally, I understood:
"Do I have your cell phone? Yes Yes Yes, I have your cell phone in my purse!" Phew.

And, just so you know, we were feeling the vibrational sweep of love energy ALL DAY LONG, holding us up, buoying us in your powerful web of care, long distance hugs, and passionate conviction that all will be well. We are so grateful.

And now we are glowing, and having a drink.

22 comments:

  1. Raising a glass to Josh and to YOU!!! My thoughts are with you....actually...my thoughts, and memories and feelings..and all kinds of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn is here now and we are both relieved and happy to read this last post. Hugs and kisses from us both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooray!!!!!!!! i am glowing as well and will go to sleep relieved. thank you for posting all day. many hugs and kisses to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wunderbar!! thank you for the postings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! So good to hear. I've got goosebumps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a mojito for me. Oh and one for Ang.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHEW!!. A TOAST to YOU ALL!
    Been Keeping the flame of hope and good outcome (literally!!) all the While.... Will SO look forward to - if you're up for it - a vis a vis celebration on the 30th...
    REST EASY.... Well Played *.. Lot's of Love * Thanks for Sharing the news...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful news! Thank you so much for keeping us all in the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so comforting to hear such good news. Great post and please continue to share the progress.
    Love to all

    ReplyDelete
  10. My heart is exploding with joy and love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Words can't really express how happy Pablo and I are for you right now. We're truly overjoyed with every inch of our beings. Hope all three of you are sleeping soundly and contently at the moment. :)
    Much love,
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy and releived to learn that everything went just fine. Clara

    ReplyDelete
  13. One more over-the-moon friend is grinning a big grin. I'm so glad to hear your fantastic news.

    Sending love and hugs to Josh, Cheryl, Daniel, and your amazing team. It's a wonderment! Martha

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES!!!!!!!!Sounds great! Sending lots of love and hugs,
    Kirsten & Georg

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing amazing amazing news!!
    caroline and karl

    ReplyDelete
  16. My Dear Cheryl, I am so glad you sent me the link and "glader" (spanglish) that Josh is asking for his cell phone and probably today for a Mojito. God bless you and tell me if I am squeezing you too hard when I hug you and your family right now.
    Loved the Spleen Departure poem. I just had my gallbladd4er taken out and when I read the poem I felt closure.
    I will be in San Francisco Aug 6-11. Staying downtown and if you are available I would love to see you!!
    Love you. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WHEW!!!! So glad to hear this went well. Here's to a speedy recovery so you can put this behind you.
    Love,
    Svend + Eman

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic news! We're so happy that things are going smoothly. Please tell Josh that his roommates (and his plants) miss him and wish him the best.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cheryl, Thank you SO much for updating this all day yesterday. Relief and happiness don't describe the gamut of emotion you and all of us are feeling and have been feeling since last night. May this all be forever behind you.
    All my love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  20. love to hear good news!! hope to see all of you in paso robles before the summer is gone. please give joshua a 'right on' from mario and chris

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is the best news I have had all week!

    ReplyDelete